Thursday 14 July 2011

Smashing (heads or potatoes) and Grilling (people or capsicums)


 The intention of this blog is to provide for myself, a public outlet for two of my most loved indulgences - gratuitous pictures and descriptions of food; and hating on everything and everyone.
An odd combination, perhaps, but popular culture has taught me that people who care about food are - perhaps even by law - jerks. Whilst actually considering myself to be quite a nice person, I do like to rant, rave, hate and heckle in a jerkish manner. I also really like to cook and to make other people cry because they don't have my awesome dinner. Thus, a blog about food and hate.
It has been suggested that I could create two blogs - one about food and one for ranting. But I happen to think that hating and cooking can go quite well together. The two things can actually come together to create an exciting narrative - often I have to leave my house in order to buy ingredients, which of course leads to observations of and interactions with other people, which tends to remind me of how much they piss me off.
Like this evening, I walked home from the shop, thinking about how people on motorbikes generally make me angry, then I got home, listened to a song that hates on motorbikes, opened a beer, and made some pasta. All in all, quite a pleasant evening. 

This is my pasta machine, it is really shiny. Tonight I had an unexpected and impromptu dinner guest - my Mum - who actually gave me this pasta machine, so it was nice to finally serve her some pasta from it. I forgot to take a photo of the final product, but I have leftovers so I will do that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by the labels on your jars. Smacks of peaceful order. And your shelves have space on them... I remember when our shelves had space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Ecks, I love labeling things! I built that shelf/bench especially to have some space...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, however I reserve the right to delete any comments which can be paraphrased as "It is unhealthy to be angry." or "You shouldn't let those little things get to you." or "Being angry/negative about something is a choice." All of these sentiments make me angry.